About usThe Rehabilitation Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation that specialises in developing rehabilitation in Finland.
The operations of the Rehabilitation Foundation are partially funded by Finland’s Slot Machine Association (RAY), and its partners and customers comprise a large and diverse group of organisations.
The foundation’s objectives are to
- develop new operating models for rehabilitation work and respond to the needs of various population groups
- study and assess the effectiveness of current practices
- study and assess the effectiveness of the rehabilitation system as a whole
- provide up-to-date information on rehabilitation to both experts and the general public
- organise further training and education in the field of rehabilitation
As a member of the Rehabilitation International Finnish Committee (RIFI), the Rehabilitation Foundation is part of the Rehabilitation International (RI) network.
The foundation is a member of the Finnish National Committee of the International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW), and it is actively involved in the international networks of several EU projects.
The foundation is also a member of The Global Applied Disability Research and Information Network (GLADNET).
In addition, the foundation participates in various international events to present its latest research results to international audiences.